WHAT IS CYCLOLOG®?
CycloLog® is software for well log interpretation. It incorporates tools that help you to:
- Generate log based well correlations and zonations.
- Better recognize well correlation points, depositional trends and their hierarchica order using INPEFA�
- Easily exchange data and interpretations with other software packages.
- Determine electro- and lithofacies using multi-log clustering and core data.
- Apply Maximum Entropy Spectral Analysis (MESA) and Milankovitch cycles.
- Convert depth to time and estimate sediment accumulation rates subsequently.
- Visualize logs. Make crossplots, suggest lithology with classified colors and optimize log scaling by using histograms.
- Calculate Total Organic Carbon from logs
WHY USE CYCLOLOG®?
In many hydrocarbon fields, stratigraphic information such as bio- or chemostratigraphic data do not provide sufficient constraints for well correlation. Consequently, correlations and stratigraphic models derived from them can remain uncertain or lack required resolution. CycloLog® is well correlation software which:
- Helps reduce uncertainty in well correlations when constraints are limited
- Enables you to use faster and more accurate interpretation methods
- Allows results to be reproduced
- Is fast and versatile
- Limits bias
- Has efficient workflows
- Allows in-depth analysis of your logs
- Has a fast and informative well log display
What is INPEFA®?
INPEFA® is data (not model) driven and when applied to well logs reflecting lithology, INPEFA® generates curves displaying discontinuities in the data. These can be interpreted geologically as:
- erosional surfaces
- changes in lithology
- changes in sedimentation rate.